Erie Sports Commission Announces Event Cancellations, Postponements
On behalf of the rights holders it represents, the Erie Sports Commission (ESC) is announcing the cancellation of several upcoming sporting events, including the Erie Frost Battle of Lake Erie Softball Tournament.
The Battle of Lake Erie Tournament has been hosted by the Erie Frost annually since 2016, and has sold out the last three years. More than 60 youth softball teams compete in the three-day event, which generated more than $500,000 in economic impact in 2019.
Additional canceled events include:
- Shoot the Rock Beast in the East National Qualifier (May 16-17, multiple facilities)
- Hobie Bass Open Series (May 16-17, Presque Isle Bay)
- SmashErie Brawl on the Bay (May 17, Bel-Aire Hotel and Conference Center)
- Tell No Tales Rugby Tournament (May 30, ERIEBANK Sports Park)
- Shoot the Rock Summer Tip-Off National Qualifier (June 6-7, ERIEBANK Sports Park)
- Erie Frost Battle of Lake Erie Softball Tournament (June 26-28, multiple facilities)
These cancellations are in response to regulations in place due to the current COVID-19 outbreak.
To date, 19 events hosted and supported have been canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The ESC will continue to share updates regarding canceled and rescheduled events as plans are confirmed with individual event directors. For up to date event information and cancellations, follow the Erie Sports Commission on Facebook and Twitter.
The Erie Sports Commission is committed to promoting the Erie region as a prime destination for sports and recreation. The major goals of the ESC are to attract, create, support, and host sporting and recreational events that have a positive economic impact on the region, and assist in maximizing the potential of all regional sports facilities and venues. The ESC strives to enhance the image of Erie by showcasing the community, promote wellness through healthy lifestyles, and improve the quality of life for community members of all ages.