FIRE Accelerator Announces 2022 Cohort
ERCGP Announces 2022 Cohort of the FIRE Accelerator
Nine High Tech Startups Come to Erie for 5th Cohort of the Global Accelerator Program
Erie, PA – The Erie Regional Chamber and Growth Partnership announces the 2022 cohort of the FIRE Accelerator welcoming nine high tech startups to Erie. The startups have been selected to participate in the 10-week program to accelerate their business growth by receiving access to:
- Tailored Curriculum: Program staff works with each of the selected companies to develop a tailored curriculum that addresses the needs and gap areas jointly identified with the cohort
- Mentorship: Cohort companies will have access to a network of regional, national, and international mentors to help them address their needs and reach their goals faster
- Investment: Each cohort company will receive an investment of $50,000 - $100,000 to enable them to hit the ground running and grow or establish their business presence in Erie.
- Strategic Networking: By participating in the FIRE Accelerator the cohort companies have the ability to connect with the 700+ members of the Chamber; over 40 local, state and federal economic development organizations; as well as local community and business leaders.
The 2022 program is focused on attracting and supporting companies working in data analytics and business intelligence, which is a subset of the “Technology and Gaming” and the “Advanced Business Services” target industries identified in the Garner Report commissioned by the chamber.
This year’s cohort is the most diverse cohort in the program’s history; seven companies are led by underrepresented populations in technology and the age range of participating founders is from 23 to 64 years old. The program attracts national and global interest; this year’s founders hail from Virginia, New York, Nebraska, New Jersey, Missouri, Connecticut, North Carolina, Washington, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Belgium, South Korea, and Canada.
- Bodha.ai: Bodha.ai is a “workforce engagement platform” that allows businesses to “predictively build cohesive teams” by using their predictive AI to help direct employees to the teams that will allow them to be fully engaged in the workforce leading to an elevated Workplace Culture.
- First Ascent Biomedical: First Ascent uses AI to help direct cancer treatments, after receiving a biopsy sample First Ascent runs the genomic structure of the tumor through their AI platform of all known cancer treatment regimens in order to develop the most promising combination treatment plan for the individual.
- DataQ: DataQ allows for automated and audit ready data migration using just 10 lines of code.
- Adaptive Pulse: Adaptive Pulse is a unified predictive analytics platform for customer data, pulling the data from all major CRMs and other data sources. The end result is a 360 degree view of the customer and an actionable plan on how to engage that customer and ensure success
- BreezeThat: Breeze generates real time web alerts as targeted as the end user would like. This provides business intelligence on the granular level and in real time.
- Elevate.ai: Elevate.ai integrates into video calls and provides real time insights into the engagement and emotional status of the participants on the call using natural language processing, Body language analysis, and facial reactions.
- SportAI: SportAI uses AI to allow users to optimize their fantasy sports lineups in minutes rather than hours.
- ZenHammer: ZenHammer is a mobile app for the small residential subcontractor to manage their business more effectively and efficiently. The app fills the gap of inventory management, scheduling, invoicing, bookkeeping, client communications, and budgeting.
- Eureeka: Eureeka is a decision making software for supply chain professionals, the tool allows brokers, procurement, and carriers to more accurately and quickly complete job bids, reducing the time to respond to a bid from weeks to hours.
About the FIRE Accelerator Program
The FIRE Accelerator is the flagship entrepreneurship program for the Erie Regional Chamber and Growth Partnership (ERCGP). Now in its fifth year, the program is the catalyst for the organization's growing role in developing the regional ecosystem to drive innovation within legacy industries and attract leading startups and creative companies to establish or grow their roots in Erie. FIRE Accelerator is integral to business retention and expansion -- a primary economic development driver -- as well as business attraction efforts. By operating within the chamber, cohort participants have access to over 700 business and community leaders and mentors as well as over 40 economic development agencies operating at the state and local levels. Portfolio companies and program graduates have continued to experience tremendous success and gone on to participate in YCombinator and TechStars. Program graduates have raised an additional $100M, have grown their companies to reach revenues over $50M annually next and have secured customer engagements and investment with local industry leaders including Fortune 500 companies, education institutions, top regional manufacturers, and investment organizations.