Business Resources | Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Updated May 22
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, it is important for all employers to monitor the outbreak and are prepared to implement strategies to protect their workforce while ensuring continuity of operations. This page will be updated as frequently as possible with information for local business owners within the Erie County area.
For additional updates, please sign up for our new email blast, the Daily Briefing.
To help educate employers and employees on how they can prepare for and address the impacts of the virus, please explore these sections of helpful information and resources:
1) COVID-19: General Information
Keep checking back here for more information as it becomes available and look out for our Daily Briefing email updates (sign up for the email updates by filling out this form) which will give you the most relevant information directly to your inbox each day.
Please note: Pennsylvania needs critical medical supplies, if you have supplies available for purchase or can assist with the manufacturing of these supplies and equipment, complete this form.
Center for Disease Control:
PA Department of Health/Office of the Governor:
City of Erie:
Other Government Resources:
2) COVID-19: Resources for Reopening
This section will be updated as frequently as possible to include reopening guidance provided by the PA Department of Health and the Erie County Health Department.
Governor's Website on the Process to Reopen Pennsylvania
Download the COVID-19 Reopening Phases Document
PA DCED COVID-19 PPE Suppliers Directory - these suppliers are handling very large quantities for larger employers, if you're looking for PPE quantities in the low hundreds or fewer, see the local PPE providers listed below.
General Reopening Guidance
All businesses are encouraged to use the following documents as a guide to begin thinking about what will need to be put in place before operations can resume. There will be additional sector-by-sector guidance provided by the state (which will be listed below as it becomes available), but this will allow for some preparation to occur on the business owner's part.
FAQs for Life Sustaining Businesses to Remain Operational
Download the Guidance on the Life-Sustaining Business Order
Governor Wolf's Guidance for Businesses Permitted to Operate During the Yellow Phase of Reopening
Building and Safety Measures FAQs
PA Chamber Tips for Preparing Your Business to Reopen
PA Chamber Tips for Welcoming Back Employees and Customers
COVID-19 Safety Procedures flyer - ALL open businesses must have this flyer signed and displayed clearly for both employees and customers to see (recommended placement in break room and by business entrance)
Dowload the Lear Corporation Safe Work Playbook
Back to Work Checklist from Human Capital Associates
Guidance for Businesses by Industry
Local PPE Providers
3) COVID-19: Small Business Resources
We are working on compiling small business resources. Keep checking back for updated information as it becomes available. For additional updates, please sign up for our Daily Briefing email blast.
Small Business Administration (SBA)/Federal Government:
Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED)/State Government:
Other Relevant Resources:
Erie Regional Chamber:
4) COVID-19: Non-Profit Resources
Here is a collection of resources for non-profits. Should you need additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact the Business Action Team or reach out to The Nonprofit Partnership. For additional updates, please sign up for our two new email blasts: Daily Briefing and Next Steps.
Reopening Targeted for May 8 in North-Central, Northwest Pennsylvania
5) COVID-19: Available Business Services
If you offer a service that could be helpful to another business during this time, please complete this brief survey and we'll add you to our contact list.
- Resource and Governance Consulting is offering a variety of free and reduced-fee services including discussion groups, a free COVID-19 management tool, strategy sessions, and more. View the listing of services and contact information for Dr. Lisa Miller here.
- Tripp Umbach can provide research and survey services, including economic impact studies and assistance with strategic decision making.
- McCarty Printing provides printing, packaging, and full-service mail fulfillment to industries including healthcare, food production, retail grocers, chemical manufacturers, and more.
- The Fast Mall provides eBay selling services for those who have office equipment to sell in light of downsizing or closure. Call Doug at (814) 882-6830.
- AG Aegis Company, Inc. provides safety consulting and training and can fulfill safety staff responsibilities if employee layoffs are necessary. Call (814) 664-8103 for more information.
Commercial Cleaning Services:
Cyber Security Services:
Helping Hands (businesses providing COVID-19 related services that assist individuals or other businesses):
- Red Letter Hospitality has a program that allows businesses to purchase meals to be delivered to first responders, healthcare workers, and those who are still working to keep our community safe and operational during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn how to help.
- Kelly's Sewing Corner has fabric available for creating homemade masks - call (814) 838-7158 for more information
- Face shields are available for purchase at cost through a partnership between Bliley Technologies Corporation, Case Western Reserve University, Die Cut Products, Munot Plastics, Nottingham-Spirk, Penn State Behrend, Port Erie Plastics, and R.C. Musson Rubber Company. This project is supported by a grant from the Erie County Gaming Revenue Authority (ECGRA).
- Harvest Home Interiors is providing non-medical face masks for sale made by members of the Amish community. Learn more here.
- J.L. Nick & Associates helps businesses of all sizes protect their greatest asset - people. For more than 30 years, they have served clients facing changes and challenges in prosperous and difficult economic environments. Regardless of the challenges your business faces we have the experience and knowledge to help. J.L. Nick & Associates is a reliable Human Resources partner that understands the responsibility that accompanies critical, people-oriented decisions.
- Decision Associates is a business consulting firm that can provide input and support on navigating new laws tied to COVID-19, helping managers lead a remote workforce, preparing for the potential of an employee testing positive for COVID-19, nurturing the relationship with laid off employees so they choose to come back, and positioning your business for success and marketing your business in a challenging economic climate
- Ask-a-Lawyer Helpline - response to individual and business concerns about bankruptcy due to the COVID-19 restrictions in place for community safety. Call (814) 459-3111 to speak with participating volunteer Erie County Bar Assocation lawyers. Your initial call will be provided at no cost and will be offered between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Non-Hospital Medical Services:
Transportation and/or Storage:
Contact any of the following companies with transportation needs including rerouting orders in transit, utilizing warehouse space, truck repairs, truck leasing/purchase, and more. Additionally, some of these companies provide storage (mobile and/or on-site) options.
South Shore Party Rental is offering tents, tables, and chairs to those looking to expand the physical footprint of their space, allow for social distancing, or create space for screening of employees prior to entering their work facilities. Learn more about the options they have available: Option 1 Option 2 Option 3
6) COVID-19: Webinars
- Decision Associates is offering a one-hour HR update webinar every Friday at 11:00 a.m. Register here.
- Dr. Lisa Miller of Resource and Governance Consulting is offering a weekly webinar and small group workshop series entitled Picture This designed to help business owners and executives figure out strategies for the possible scenarios coming their way. Register here.
- The Gannon SBDC is offering a variety of webinars during the COVID-19 shutdown, view their offerings and register here.
- The NWIRC is offering a webinar entitled How to Safely Maintain Business Operations During COVID-19 Challenges on Thursday, May 28th at 11:00 a.m. Register here.
- The Gannon University Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is offering a webinar with presenters from HBK entitled PPP Loan Forgiveness on Tuesday, May 26 at 3:00 p.m. Register here.
- The Green Building Alliance is offering open access to their Pittsburgh and Erie 2030 District Joint Meeting on Tuesday, May 26 at 9:00 a.m., which will focus on the topic of Maintaining Health and Safety in Building Operations After COVID-19. Register here.
- The Erie Regional Chamber is will present a conversation between Erie County Executive Kathy Dahlkemper and Erie County Department of Health Director Melissa Lyon on Thursday, May 21. Watch the replay
- The Erie Regional Chamber teamed up with Knox Law to offer a webinar entitled Looking Beyond COVID-19: Advantages and Disadvantages of Chapter 11 and the Workout Alternative on Tuesday, May 19. Watch the replay.
- The Erie Regional Chamber featured presenters Wei-Shin Lai and Elizabeth Cipolla on the webinar, Getting Back to Business on Thursday, May 14. Watch the replay.
- The Erie Regional Chamber hosted a presentation by Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro entitled PA Care Package Explained on Tuesday, May 12. Watch the replay.
- The Erie Regional Chamber partnered with the Erie County Department of Health for a webinar entitled Your Business Reopening Strategy: How to Plan for a Safe Restart on Wednesday, May 6. Watch the replay.
- The Erie Regional Chamber teamed up with United Way Erie County to present a webinar entitled United Way's 211: Using Data to Respond to COVID-19 on Tuesday, May 5. Watch the replay.
- The Erie Regional Chamber partnered with Abby Lechner of Human Capital Associates for a webinar entitled HR and the Workplace - A New Paradigm on April 28th. Watch the replay.
- The Erie Regional Chamber teamed up with Tom Hoffman, II of Knox Law for a webinar entitled Business Succession Planning for Uncertain Times: What is Your Plan for the Worst. There was an issue with recording during the first half of the presentation, so the second half is available by replay link and the full slide deck is available here.
- The Erie Regional Chamber featured presenters Elliott Ehrenreich and Bill Helbling of Knox Law on a webinar entitled COVID-19 Loan Opportunities: What's Available and What to Know on April 9th. Watch the replay
- Honeycomb Credit offered a webinar on Crowdfunding during COVID-19 and you can watch the replay here.
- The Erie Regional Chamber partnered with Dr. Lisa Miller, Owner of Resource and Governance Consulting, to present a webinar entitled Cover Your De-tails: How to Track Information for Your Business During COVID-19 on Monday, April 6. If you'd like to obtain the spreadsheet and the webinar replay link, please contact Dr. Lisa Miller.
- HUB International provided a webinar entitled Managing Your Business Through the Coronavirus Crisis that is available for replay. Watch it here.
- CMIT Solutions offered a webinar about remote working and secure file sharing on non-company-owned devices (which many employees may be using to work remotely). Watch the replay here.
- Management Consultant Chris Thunell of MACS Management presented a webinar entitled What's Next: How to Manage the Bounce Effect and Come Out of COVID-19 Stronger Than Ever on March 31. View his slides here.
- HUB International provided a webinar entitled Supporting Your Workforce Through the Coronavirus Crisis that is available for replay. Watch it here.
- Attorney Adam Williams of Williams & Jorden Attorneys at Law partnered with the Erie Regional Chamber to provide a webinar update on the Famililes First Coronavirus Response Act and the federal stimulus package on March 30. Watch the replay here.
- The Erie Regional Chamber and Turn Two Communications presented a COVID-19 Crisis Communication webinar on Thursday, March 26. View the slides here.
- Watch the Strategic Early Warning Network (SEWN) Contingency Planning webinar
- The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) hosted a COVID-19 Congressional & Legal Update For Small Businesses webinar on Friday, March 20. View the slides here.
7) COVID-19: Resources for Remote Work
Below are services that we have found that are currently offering discounts or free access for telework options to make meeting, collaborating, and processing easier when remote:
Remote Desktop & Collaboration Solutions:
Remote Meeting & Screen Sharing Solutions:
Internet Connection Solutions:
8) COVID-19: Erie Regional Chamber Updates
Closure of Erie Regional Chamber Offices:
At the present time, the Erie Regional Chamber offices are closed to the public. We will be processing Certificates of Origin by appointment only. Those who need certificates processed should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All meetings scheduled to be held in the building have been cancelled and/or transitioned to remote or call-in meetings.
If you have questions related to Chamber activities including membership, events, programs, Business Outreach, government affairs, economic development, and more, please call our main office line at (814) 454-7191.
Postponement of Erie Regional Chamber Events and Programs:
We have currently postponed all in-person events and programs through the end of May 2020. Updates on rescheduled dates will be posted on this page as they become available. If you have any questions regarding the status of an event, your registration, or want more information on events and programs, please email email@example.com.